HAGOTH: Builder Of Ships
2-4 Players, 10 minutes per player ages 8 and up, though if you have a smart kid you could certainly go younger!
Players compete in an effort to design, build, and sail ships to the Land Northward. Through these efforts players are awarded Victory Points. The first player to obtain 25 Victory Points wins the game.
Cards are used to design, build, and sail ships. Players start the game with a hand of 5 cards. On their turn they can do one of the following:
1. Play or discard 2 cards (or one of each)
2. Choose to perform one action in leiu of using cards for their turn.
There are 5 types of cards
1. Ship pieces cards, used to design ships;
2. Go Wooding cards; used to obtain wood to build the ship once they are fully designed;
3. Build cards used to build ships;
4. Sail cards used to progress built ships for more victory points; and
5. Adversity cards, used to hinder opponents' progress with cards such as Sabotage and Delay.
- Game Board for advancing wooden ships for victory points
- 2 wooden discs in Red, Green, Yellow and Blue, one to remember your color and one to mark your points on the victory point track around the board
- 2 wooden ship tokens in each color. You are limited to two ships on the board at a time so you have to budget your actions carefully.
- 100 Cards of 57 MM X 89 MM size
- 50 Wood Shaped Resource Tokens
- 4 sided die for use in special actions and cards requiring a roll.
- Full Color Instruction Book
- Plastic Insert for easy storage of components
- Full Color Board Game Box with a unique "canvas sail" texture finish. High quality components for that "euro game" feel you have come to expect.